Ok I know you all have waited so long but there is only so much hand stitching a mom of 4 can do in a day. found this wonderful pattern at Past Patterns and although it is not missing its mistakes they did a marvelous jog translating the pattern and bringing history alive the pattern has a little history behind the dress included and I absolutely loved reading about it. I was a little limited by color because of the role I am playing in the Nutcracker Ballet but it was ok because I had way too many ideas and it helped to not be able to do some of them. the skirt was easy I used my coat pattern to make gores and then just sewed them together, bound the top, and added elastic in the binding so that there was some extra for movement and give for all the underthings I will be wearing.
So what do you think it took me about 3 weeks start to finish getting the fabric and waiting for the pattern I have a few last little things to do like connect the bodice to the skirt so when I am dancing it doesn't pull up too much and figuring out how to make the pettiskirt a tad shorter without altering it since I am borrowing it. I need to add a little bow on each sleeve with a rose in the middle to bring the ribbon from the lace up back into the rest of the outfit. Might add a few tiny matching bows to the bottom of the skirt where I put roses at each scallop gather.